Prepare at least 6 hours before required. Can be prepared the night before.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 green zucchini , ends trimmed, thickly sliced crossways pan fried and cooled
- 1 x 450g (23cm-diameter) cob loaf
- sliced red onion
- 100g semi-dried tomatoes
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 200g bought chargrilled eggplant
- 150g brie, thinly sliced
- 40g baby spinach leaves
- 200g bought chargrilled capsicum
- Ripped herbs
Savoury Picnic Muffins...just bring along a tub of sour cream or yoghurt and chutney! Slap it on and dig in!
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 80g butter, melted, cooled
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 100g sliced ham, diced
- 1/3 cup (50g) semi-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 12 small sprigs fresh rosemary
- butter, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly grease a 12-hole, 1/3 cup-capacity muffin pan.
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Make a well in centre. Pour butter, egg and milk into a jug. Stir to combine. Pour into well. Stir until almost combined. Fold through feta, ham, tomatoes and olives.
- Spoon mixture into muffin holes. Insert a rosemary sprig in the top of each muffin. Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Set aside in pan for 1 minute. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Place muffins in an airtight container. Serve with yoghurt...sour cream and fruit chutney.
Cheese Platter and Fruit PlatterThis one...once again...a 'no-brainer'...except do not skimp on the cheese quality. I find anything from South Cape is excellent and will not disappoint. Grab some gorgeous Brie, Blue Vein, Fetta and add smoked salmon slices, proscuitto, thinly sliced pear and strawberries. Team with a selection of breads and crackers. The blander the cracker the better so it doesn't detract from the flavours of the platter.
Mothers Day Gift Ideas
We pride ourselves in sourcing the most amazing range of Mothers Day Gift Ideas. When you visit the showroom and shop with us, you are involved in a unique shopping experience as you browse through our massive showroom and the eclectic mix of incredible products. We hope to see you soon and please visit us this weekend for a great range of Mothers Day gift ideas.
What would Friday be without indulging in a little bit of bubbles?....its Cocktail Friday Folks!....
I do believe that Champagne (Sparkling..still cant bring myself to say that word in public..so if its in brackets it doesnt count...) is synonymous with all things indulgent and girly. So, this Friday we are going to celebrate women, motherhood and all things feminine by clinking a slender glass or two of sweet, smooth and seductive Champagne. And just remember. As long as it says 'Methode Champenoise' on the label...it doesnt matter if its from France, or the Coonawarra....its Champagne. Methode Champenoise merely means...created by the Traditional Champagne Method.
To all the Mums...the Grandmas...Greatgrandmas...The Aunts...The Godmothers...we say...Happy Mothers Day to you all. And on Sunday in our own little way, while we sit on our rugs in the park, we will charge our glasses and clink away in honour of you all.
And so, from the 3 of us, to all of you, we wish you a very Happy Friday and a wonderful weekend. Give your Mum a big smooch from us and spoil her rotten.
With love from Cathie, Colette and Jen...The Charcoal Girls xxx