Meet The Designers
Hello everybody and welcome to another Style In the City blog.
I have had quite a few people ask me over the past few months...what do our Design Team look like? To be honest, they work so hard that it can be hard to nail them down for a photo opportunity.
Fortunately a few weeks ago, our resident Photographer Mark Turner tooks some wonderful pics of the girls whilst on location in Brisbane.
Introducing....Colette and Cathie Venardos. The Charcoal Interiors Design Team with over 35 years combined experience in the Design Trade.
"A good designer is like a good doctor" says Cathie...."He/she consults with their client to find out what the best treatment is and then achieves a balance of harmony between the architecture, the furnishings and the works of art. We try to provide all of our clients with a permanent source of inspiration for the future, and also help them to discover new things in themselves through their home and importantly...make them love their home".
More of our Latest Design Project
As promised, we continue our journey through this magnificent Queenslander, completely rejuvenated by the Design Team combo of Colette and Cathie.
Stunning Queenslander Circa 1800's
The Master Bedroom
The Master Bedroom was completely transformed with everything from the addition of new bedhead in sumptuous velvet, including the gorgeous Bergere Louis XV style armchair that we had made and upholstered in European Fabric. The fireplace was completely rendered with a washed painted finish to give it more texture and definition, in keeping with the character and style of the room. We introduced a very luxurious curtaining with rich texture to balance the harmony of the room. This is a bedroom that our clients love so much, that it is now quite ritualistic for them to enjoy Sunday morning breakfast in bed over coffee and paper.
We Love This....
We just love this look because of the simplicity. Everything has been placed in keeping with the architecture of the space....a bit like our vision for our latest design project. If you break it down, there are basically 3 key elements to this look....beautiful artwork, the Moroccan lighting and a gorgeous Chaise. Floorboards are left bare and walls are in their original condition....allowing the 3 key pieces to speak for themselves.
Warming the Cockles of our Hearts with lunchtime Favourite Soup
Potato and Leek Soup with Crispy Bacon
Oh we do just love our lunch time get togethers here at Charcoal. Its our daily ritual to sit down over a nice meal every lunch time. During summer its a fresh salad, and in Winter we love our soup!
This week, Colette made up a soup that was just so delicious and so winter warming that I just had to share it with you. It simply is...the best soup I have ever had!
- 25g butter
- 3 rashers streaky bacon , chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 400g pack trimmed leeks, sliced and well washed
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1.4l chicken stock
- 142ml pot single cream
- 4 rashers streaky bacon , to serve
- Melt the butter in a large pan, then fry the bacon and onion, stirring until they start to turn golden. Tip in the leeks and potatoes, stir well, then cover and turn down the heat. Cook gently for 5 mins, shaking the pan every now and then to make sure that the mixture doesn't catch
- Pour in the stock, season well and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 20 mins until the vegetables are soft. Leave to cool for a few mins, then blend in a food processor in batches until smooth, leaving some of the rustic chunky potatoes aside for a soup with great texture. Return to the pan, pour in the cream and stir well. Taste and season if necessary. Serve scattered with tasty crisp bacon and eat with toasted or warm crusty bread on the side
Cocktail FridayI dont know about you, but this week I have just had the worst time getting out of bed in the mornings! Its so cold and dark here in Brisbane (forget the beautiful one day perfect the next adage for this week...its been anything else BUT!) So, we decided that in keeping with our bedroom theme for the week, that we would indulge in a very aptly named bevvy...the 'Between The Sheets' Cocktail to celebrate our Friday. Its been such a great week....beside the chill in the air. So, we wish you all a wonderful weekend and hope that you have enjoyed our little bit of sunshine via the blog :-)