Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500g chicken mince
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons tandoori paste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 medium Lebanese cucumber, chopped
- 1 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated, washed, shredded
- 4 wholemeal bread rolls, halved, toasted
- Combine chicken, breadcrumbs and tandoori paste in a bowl. Shape mixture into four 2cm-thick patties.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook patties for 5 to 7 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through.
Combine yoghurt, mint and cucumber in a bowl. Place lettuce on roll bases. Top with patties, mint mixture and roll tops. Serve...........designed to be held in one hand leaving the other hand free for beer.
COCKTAIL FRIDAY.....POP YOUR FEET UP....AND RELAX...
- 50ml vodka
- 25ml lychee liqueur, (Kwai Feh is a good-quality brand
- dash lychee juice, available in cartons
- 1 lychee , for decoration