TABLE SETTINGS SET TO MAKE YOU THE HOSTESS WITH THE MOSTEST
So whilst on our little sojourn, the Greek and I were treated to a BBQ dinner on the farm. We sipped red on the front verandah overlooking the Lake Alexandrina in the distance and chomped on the most amazing lamb skewers. My brother, after much arm twisting coughed up the recipe and here it is to share with you. It makes a great appetiser on Christmas day before the big guns are brought out! Enjoy!
- 2 brown onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves and stems
- 125ml (1/2 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 125ml (1/2 cup) light olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 tbs ground coriander
- 1 tbs garam masala
- 1 tbs chilli flakes
- 1 tbs ground turmeric
- Place onions, garlic, fresh coriander, lemon juice, oil, ground coriander, garam masala, chilli flakes and turmeric in a blender. Blend, scraping side of bowl occasionally, until coarsely chopped and well combined. Thread lamb, beef or chicken evenly onto skewers. Transfer to shallow glass or ceramic dish. Pour marinade over and turn until well coated. Cover and place in the fridge for 1-2 hours to marinate. (To freeze, see note.)
- Preheat barbecue grill on high. Reduce heat to medium. Cook skewers, turning occasionally and brushing with marinade left in dish, for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through.
WELCOME TO COCKTAIL FRIDAY!
How fabulous that someone would think to make a cocktail especially designed around Christmas! This week we bring to you the Candy Cane Cocktail. Its so much fun and looks terrific...tastes great too and really we invented this one to get you all in the mood
THE CANDY CANE COCKTAIL