Madinat Jumeirah Al Qasr Hotel
As part of the Madinat Jumeirah complex in Dubai, the Al Qasr Hotel is located on Jumeirah Beach and offers elevated views over the Arabian Gulf.
The hotel is surrounded by water and is accessible from the other two hotels in the complex by waterway. Each of the 292 guest rooms and suites offer private balconies and sumptuous Arabian décor and fabrics.
This stunning accommodation includes shopping until you are dropping, nine restaurants and bars and most importantly a rooftop bar area offering spectacular views of the ocean, pool and gardens.
And for the grand total of $1600 per night, this place is definitely going on the Bucket List. Dubai is just one of those exotic, mysterious places that you have to visit at least once.
This week, we take advantage of the hot weather and have created something cool and refreshing, yet relaxing and sexy....as all cocktails should be. Whilst daydreaming of our next sojourn in Dubai, we were inspired to make one of these little pieces of Friday cocktail heaven. The Peach Princess....enjoy!
1/2 oz peach schnapps
4 oz orange juice
Fill glass with ice. Pour ingredients over ice, insert straw and enjoy! For a sweeter drink, substibute Original Sunny Delight for Orange Juice.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 150g small green beans, trimmed
- 150g small butter beans, trimmed
- 800g kipfler potatoes, scrubbed
- 100g sliced pancetta
- 2 avocados, halved, stones removed, peeled, sliced
- 1/3 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 large lime, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1/3 cup dill sprigs
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil over high heat.Add
green beans and butter beans. Cook for 3 minutes or until bright green and tender. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a colander and refresh under cold water. Pat dry with paper towel. Return water to the boil.
- Add potatoes to saucepan and cook for 12 minutes or until just tender. Drain and set aside to cool slightly. Cut in half lengthways.
- Preheat grill on high heat. Place pancetta on a baking tray and grill for 5 minutes or until crisp. Drain on paper towel. Tear into small pieces.
- Arrange beans, potatoes, pancetta and avocado on a platter. Combine mayonnaise, lime rind and 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice in a bowl. Pour dressing over salad. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle over dill. Serve with pan-fried, grilled or barbecued fish.
And so, the end of another week.....dont forget we are open Saturday and Sunday. Giving thanks this week that everyone was safe from Cyclone Yasi, and our hearts go out to those who lost property and had their businesses etc...affected. It certainly does feel like poor old Queensland has copped a battering this Summer. Now on to bigger and better things!