Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 270ml can coconut cream
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add pumpkin and curry paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture starts to stick to bottom of pan. Add coconut cream. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add 2 cups cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until pumpkin has softened. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Blend or process soup in batches until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Top with coriander. Serve.
....CATH AND THE CLOONEY....
This week, Cath had a date....a date with a Clooney. Yes, she can actually say that this week she held George Clooney in the palm of her hand and mulled over him a little...enjoying every single moment of it all.
'Her' George is not just an amazingly handsome man and movie star with the mostest, but also makes a pretty darned good subject for a cocktail.
And so, this week...Cath...faced with the traumatic task of test driving a cocktail for the Friday blog put her body and senses on the line and out of a cop style lineup of tempting bevvies, chose the 'George Clooney'....and it was gooooood.....reeeeallll gooooood....
Pop on your best dress and get out that life sized cardboard cutout of George from the cupboard (doesnt everyone have one of those??)...light some candles...put on ANY George Clooney DVD (I recommend Oceans Eleven)...EXCEPT for The Perfect Storm (I have my own personal reasons...starting with that being one of the worst movies I have ever seen...even if it does feature George...). Pop your feet up and most importantly..relax and enjoy this very yummy way to end the week.
THE GEORGE CLOONEY...(RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE COCKTAIL)
(word has it...its his favourite)
Ingredients1 tbsp. Cream Cheese (Softened)
1 oz. White Creme de Cacao
1 oz. Black Raspberry Liqueur
2 scoop(s) Vanilla Ice Cream
InstructionsBlend with 1/2 cup of ice until smooth and pour into a parfait glass.And so....to the end of another week. Not long now until we head off to our new showroom. More on that next week, but until then we wish you a fabulous day/night/weekend/week ahead.....until next time!Colette..Cathie...Jenxxx