Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 bunch rocket, ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbs lemon rind
- 80g (1/2 cup) pitted olives, coarsely chopped
- 45g (1/4 cup) pine nuts, toasted
- 125ml (1/2 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 (about 800g) lamb mini roasts, string removed
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Place rocket, basil, garlic, lemon rind, olives and pine nuts in the bowl of a food processor. Process until coarsely chopped. Add extra virgin olive oil. Process until smooth.
- Place the lamb on a clean work surface and open to lie flat. Season with salt and pepper. Spread 1/3 cup of the pesto along the centre of each piece of lamb. Roll up to enclose filling. Use unwaxed white kitchen string to tie at 2cm intervals. Cover and place in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight to marinate.
- Rub lamb with half the olive oil. Heat the remaining oil in a large heavy-based frying pan over medium-high heat. Add half the lamb and cook for 10 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a roasting pan. Repeat with remaining lamb.
- Cook for 30-35 minutes for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Cover loosely with foil and set aside for 15 minutes to rest. Carve and serve with the remaining pesto.
RUBY REFRESHER COCKTAILWell, its that time again when the Masterchef show opens its season for another few months of cooking inspiration. On their facebook page this week, they launched the new season of the show for 2011 and had some amazing themed stalls. As usual, the drinks caught my eye and I loved the colour of these cocktails. They look fresh and inviting.
Apparently Cranberry juice contains a bucketload of Vitamin C...so this is kind of like a health drink? Nobody can say we dont provide excellent nutritional content in our cocktail recipes....lets see...theres Cranberry juice, and lime..yum...and you can garnish with more lime...perfect! Enjoy! I know we will be sipping this one with the work boots off, feet up and a little bit of Buble' on the stereo...with our eyes closed..cos we're just a weeee bit tired after this full on week. So, its a quick recharge tonight and then back into things for the weekend. We are going to have some fun as the sale wraps up! See you then!
2/3 cup (5oz/150mL) Ocean Spray® Ruby™ Red Grapefruit Cocktail
Vodka to your liking (thats the way I like to measure it out...hehe)
6 tbsp (3oz/90mL) club soda
1 tsp (5mL) lime juice
sugar or to taste
Pour all ingredients into a glass with ice. Stir gently.
Makes 1 serving
That's it for another week...big weekend and week ahead. We are going to need our vitamins! Enjoy your weekend and be grateful for all you have. Til next week! Colette, Cathie and Jen...The Charcoal Team xxxx