Ingredients (serves 4)
- 320g (2 cups) shredded Woolworths Country Style Roast Chicken
- 250g wombok (Chinese cabbage), shredded
- 4 shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 small red capsicum, halved, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 30g (1/2 cup) bean sprouts, trimmed
- 20g (1/2 cup) watercress sprigs
- 2 tbs rice vinegar
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs hoisin sauce
- 1 tbs olive oil - we used Bon Haye Olive Oil.
- 1 tsp sugar
- Combine the chicken, wombok, shallot, carrot, capsicum, bean sprouts and watercress in a large bowl.
- Combine the vinegar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, oil and sugar in a small bowl. Add to the chicken mixture and toss to combine.
- Divide the salad among serving plates to serve.
UNTIL NEXT WEEK
Thank you to Maria who took the time to send us her New Years resolution for 2012, which was "Less work and more play!" We agree wholeheartedly with that sentiment. Also, thanks to Greg with his "Make more time for family and friends" resolution...and there can never be enough of that Greg. Sheena wants "Travel, Travel, Travel!!"....and we give that the big thumbs up too.