All available through us!....Charcoal Interiors
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 375g block frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups (180g) frozen peas
- 2 cups fresh ricotta
- Grated zest of 1 lemon, plus 1 tbs juice
- 2 x 100g pkt lemon pepper smoked trout (see note)
- 1 cup snow pea sprouts, ends trimmed
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a tray with baking paper. Roll pastry on a lightly floured surface to a 16cm x 30cm rectangle. Place on tray, then bake for 10 minutes until pastry is puffed. Top with more paper and another tray, then bake pastry for a further 10 minutes until golden and crisp. Cool.
- Meanwhile, cook peas for 2-3 minutes in boiling salted water. Refresh in cold water, drain, then blend to a chunky puree in a processor with ricotta and zest. Season the mixture.
- Whisk the oil with the lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- When ready to serve, spread the ricotta mixture over the pastry, flake over the trout and scatter with sprouts. Drizzle with the dressing and serve immediately.
- We used Tommy Finns Smoked Lemon Pepper Trout Fillet from supermarkets.
COCKTAIL FRIDAY!....LET'S GET STUCK INTO....
.....The Espresso Martini....
We had it on good authority that this little treasure of a drink was like taking a trip into heaven and back...and they were right!...Wow!...what a gorgeous drink and most definitely up with with the top 10 cocktail faves for us.
1 1/2 oz Absolut® vodka
1 1/2 oz Kahlua® coffee liqueur
1 oz white creme de cacao