MAKE MUM FEEL SPECIAL....AFTER ALL...SHE'S THE REASON YOU'RE HERE!
Well, its Mothers Day coming up this Sunday and we are all booked in for a full on day. Colette is having a special breakfast at home, then its off for an early dinner with family.
My husband and daughter are cooking me breakfast, then we are off to a picnic up the mountain...then its back down the mountain for a lovely Mexican feast....Yay! No cooking for the whole day...I can hardly wait!
Cath is now in New York and living it up in the Big Apple after a lovely stay over in LA! Theres been visits to Saks On Fifth...World Trade Centre Site and much, much more. We are so looking forward to her getting back with all the news of her adventures.
For those of you who are looking for Mothers Day ideas that are easy to organise and cost effective, heres some suggestions that will make the difference between you getting toasted sandwiches for the next year or so, and beef wellington! As I say to my kids...be kind to those who prepare your food....
.....MAKE MUMS DAY....
1. How about grabbing a bottle of bubbles and heading to the local park with picnic blanket in tow...pop Mum under the shade of a tree and take an hour or so to have a chat and re-connect. Tell her how much you love and appreciate her.
2. If you have greenery in your garden, then you have all that's required for a funky bouquet. Mix together ferns, herbs, reed strands, (the ever present mock orange)...and tie it all together with a bright bow. She will just love it!
3. Make her some vouchers that she can redeem to have her car cleaned, floor mopped, meal cooked etc...
4. How about a home facial for Mum? You can set up your very own Beauty Salon at home. Just grab a cleanser, scrub, mask and finish off with a soothing massage using her favourite moisturiser. Light some candles and get the Enya CD out...burn some essential oil....perfect...in fact can you come to my house afterwards and treat me too??
5. Sounds boring and a bit un-inventive but housework is the bane of most poor Mums. Send her out for a coffee with Dad or a friend, and then get stuck into the housework...a clean floor and bathroom can make all the difference to Mum and she will absolutely...positively love you even more for it...if thats at all possible!
....and lastly, how about one of our handpicked gourmet Gift Baskets for Mum! For under $60 you get a basket of bubbles, gourmet treats, candles and more!...we can even create one especially for Mum with items of your choice. All in a lovely basket and also comes with a card...work is all done!
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL THE MUMS!
LOVING THIS SPACE....TO JUST CURL UP AND READ....
We love to have our inspiring pics in a book and also out in front of us...at home we have a big board full of dreamy holiday destinations, restaurant business cards that we want to try, inspiring designs etc...and today I saw my Inspiration Board Mecca...so organised and pretty...and integrated beautifully into the rest of the space.
RUGS...THE PERFECT WAY TO BRING WARMTH TO YOUR SPACE
Did you know that not only are we an Interior Design business with amazing and unique retail from around the world, we also stock hand made authentic rugs by Milton Cater?...Well...now you do.
Rugs are the perfect way to bring warmth to your interior space. We have traditional hand made vegetable dyed rugs in all styles, shapes and sizes...stunning rugs available for you to view here in the showroom....and the beauty of having In House Designers here at your disposal means you will be guided by an experienced eye and many years in the design trade...which inevitably means you will be absolutely and completely thrilled with your choice!
New Shipment Has Just Arrived!
Phone Cathie, Jen or Colette on 07 38526002 for more details.
HANDS UP...IF YOU LOVE PASTA!
Mum can forget the diet this Sunday...its going to be a carb lovers extravaganza of a day!
Pancakes for breakfast, Fish and Chips by the sea for lunch and Pasta for Dinner...made by you of course! Let there be no talk of 'cant'...or 'wont' cook...this recipe is pretty much fool-proof.
RIGATONI WITH SAUSAGES AND MASCARPONE
What you need to make it....
2 and a half tbsps of olive oil
1 garlic clove chopped
600grams of quality pork and fennel sausages (or similar gourmet types) with casings removed
1 tsp of fresh oregano leaves or dried if you havent any fresh
125ml of sweet italian sparkling wine..e.g moscato
500g of rigatoni
1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
5 tbsps mascarpone
1 cup grated parmesan
The easy part....
In a heavy-based saucepan add the oil and garlic, and brown a little over a low heat.
Add the sausage meat and cook out until all the water has evaporated. Add the fresh oregano and the wine, and reduce for about 4 - 5 minutes, or until you have a thick consistency. Set aside.
In a large pot, bring salted water to the boil and cook rigatoni for 8 - 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain rigatoni, then add sausage mixture and combine well. Add the parsley and mascarpone, and mix again until creamy and sticky. Season with salt and white pepper.
Serve with parmesan and eat immediately (oh alrighty then...if you insist)
Crusty loaf of bread is a wonderful accompaniment and a fresh green salad if you feel like really getting into the swing of this cooking business!
...THE MUMMA SASS COCKTAIL...
For a real treat, why not make Mum a cocktail for sipping whilst she has her feet up watching you do the housework or wash her car?
The Mumma Sass Cocktail is by far the top pick in Cocktails that will really make mums day....this is a delicious treat and hey!...hand-slap to you!...remember now..this is for Mum! I suppose you could make two and join her once all the chores are done.
What you will need....
- 3 oz Folonari Pink Pinot Grigio
- 1 oz Peach Schnapps
- splash of cranberry juice
- fresh raspberry for garnishing
Shake, Shake, Shake.....How to Make...
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a fresh raspberry
And so...the end of another week for most of you...however we will still be here manning the fort on Saturday...so be sure to pop in and grab a beautiful gift for Mum...she will love you for it even more!
Love to all the Mums, the Auntys, the Grans, the Step Mums, the God Mums...and all those in between who help to make the world a better place for being a caring woman.
"The Charcoal Team"